Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth not working / charging

Hi everyone, 

I am having problems with bluetooth pairing of my new Snowfox keyboard I received yesterday. 

I have followed all the tutorials including holding the FN + Z key for 6 seconds, updating the firmware, unplugging etc and still it does not work. The keyboard simply does not go into pairing mode and I am quite frustrated and not sure how to fix this.

Any ideas guys?

Also just another question, how do you charge the keyboard? is it simply use plugging it in using the cable? how do you know if it is fully charged? 

Thanks for the help.
Reply Purge Spammer

(06-08-2020, 05:19 AM)seansheep Wrote: Hi everyone, 

I am having problems with bluetooth pairing of my new Snowfox keyboard I received yesterday. 

I have followed all the tutorials including holding the FN + Z key for 6 seconds, updating the firmware, unplugging etc and still it does not work. The keyboard simply does not go into pairing mode and I am quite frustrated and not sure how to fix this.

Any ideas guys?

Also just another question, how do you charge the keyboard? is it simply use plugging it in using the cable? how do you know if it is fully charged? 

Thanks for the help.

Hi, what is your current firmware version? I need to confirm your firmware version.Thanks!

the version is 1043. I just recently updated it.
Reply Purge Spammer

(06-08-2020, 08:04 AM)seansheep Wrote: the version is 1043. I just recently updated it
I saw the video you sent us, you can try to change the FN switch by using the extra switches.

(06-08-2020, 08:27 AM)wade Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 08:04 AM)seansheep Wrote: the version is 1043. I just recently updated it
I saw the video you sent us, you can try to change the FN switch by using the extra switches.

so it's possible that i received a faulty switch? that is quite disappointing

ok i have tried changing the switch and it did not work either. will wait for the email response thanks.

i used the software to test the keys and when i press the FN key, nothing happens. all the other keys when i press, work and interact with the light settings. i feel like the FN key is disabled or something.
Reply Purge Spammer

(06-08-2020, 10:19 AM)seansheep Wrote:

ok i have tried changing the switch and it did not work either. will wait for the email response thanks.

i used the software to test the keys and when i press the FN key, nothing happens. all the other keys when i press, work and interact with the light settings. i feel like the FN key is disabled or something.
Have you tried factory reset? If not, you can try to restore the keyboard to factory settings in the software.

(06-09-2020, 01:18 AM)wade Wrote:

Have you tried factory reset? If not, you can try to restore the keyboard to factory settings in the software.
I cannot find where the factory reset button is. Can you send a screenshot of where? Thanks
Reply Purge Spammer

(06-09-2020, 02:54 AM)seansheep Wrote:

I cannot find where the factory reset button is. Can you send a screenshot of where? Thanks
restore factory setting:
[Image: 21c4abd9ab.jpg][Image: f653439b46.jpg]

(06-09-2020, 06:01 AM)wade Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 02:54 AM)seansheep Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 08:27 AM)wade Wrote: I saw the video you sent us, you can try to change the FN switch by using the extra switches.

restore factory setting:
[Image: 21c4abd9ab.jpg][Image: f653439b46.jpg]
Hi, just tried this and still, the FN key does not work.

Anything else I can try?
Reply Purge Spammer

Ok I can definitely confirm that the FN key is simply broken does not work.

I remapped the FN key to the right SHIFT key and now it works. For sure the FN key is broken.

I have already responded to the email so will look to process a replacement as possible.

I appreciate all the help so far. Just sad that I had to get the one that was faulty.
Reply Purge Spammer