Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware bug : Keys stuck down

Bug 
Kickstarter backer here. I pledged for the Kemove 66/64, received it a couple of weeks back, and it is a fantastic keyboard. I really enjoy the layout and especially the split space-bar. Unfortunately I have stumbled upon a firmware bug that has made it difficult for me to use the split spacebar at all and type on this keyboard. When a key that temporally switches layer is released, other pressed down keys will remain stuck pressed down once released (i.e. no key-up event is sent).

Control and alt are the most dangerous offenders, as they will not only prevent you from typing, but will trigger undesired shortcuts and potentially make you lose work.

Platform:
I have managed to reproduce this bug in both Windows 10 and Mac OS Catalina. I don't think it's OS specific.

Steps to reproduce:
1. assign right space to 'temporary switch to layer 3'
2. assign left space bar to 'ctrl' in layer 3
3. press both spacebars
4. release the right spacebar and then the left spacebar

Expected result:
'ctrl' is released and I can continue typing as normal.

Actual result:
'ctrl'  is stuck pressed down.

(07-14-2020, 07:55 AM)rodrigoroar Wrote: Kickstarter backer here. I pledged for the Kemove 66/64, received it a couple of weeks back, and it is a fantastic keyboard. I really enjoy the layout and especially the split space-bar. Unfortunately I have stumbled upon a firmware bug that has made it difficult for me to use the split spacebar at all and type on this keyboard. When a key that temporally switches layer is released, other pressed down keys will remain stuck pressed down once released (i.e. no key-up event is sent).

Control and alt are the most dangerous offenders, as they will not only prevent you from typing, but will trigger undesired shortcuts and potentially make you lose work.

Platform:
I have managed to reproduce this bug in both Windows 10 and Mac OS Catalina. I don't think it's OS specific.

Steps to reproduce:
1. assign right space to 'temporary switch to layer 3'
2. assign left space bar to 'ctrl' in layer 3
3. press both spacebars
4. release the right spacebar and then the left spacebar

Expected result:
'ctrl' is released and I can continue typing as normal.

Actual result:
'ctrl'  is stuck pressed down.
Will this error occur in the standard layer? You can try to restore the keyboard to the default settings in the software.

It had not occurred to me to check in the default layer, but I just did, and I managed to reproduce this bug in the default layer. Here are the steps to reproduce it with factory defaults:

Steps to reproduce:
1. on default layer hold down "alt"
2. switch to layer 2
3. release 'alt'

Expected result: 
"Alt" has been released and I can type as normal.

Actual result: 

Alt is still held down even if you switch back to layer 1 afterwards.

Additional remarks: 
While doing this I also noticed that the button to export and import configurations from software to a file is always disabled. Is it a bug, an unfinished feature, or is there a way to enable it? Unfortunately this meant that I had to erase my keyboard configuration to test this. 

(07-14-2020, 03:34 PM)rodrigoroar Wrote: It had not occurred to me to check in the default layer, but I just did, and I managed to reproduce this bug in the default layer. Here are the steps to reproduce it with factory defaults:

Steps to reproduce:
1. on default layer hold down "alt"
2. switch to layer 2
3. release 'alt'

Expected result: 
"Alt" has been released and I can type as normal.

Actual result: 

Alt is still held down even if you switch back to layer 1 afterwards.

Additional remarks: 
While doing this I also noticed that the button to export and import configurations from software to a file is always disabled. Is it a bug, an unfinished feature, or is there a way to enable it? Unfortunately this meant that I had to erase my keyboard configuration to test this. 
Can you make a video about this issue?

I made a video that shows the bug occurring on a factory reset keyboard. Here is the Google drive link for it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rq7lMpT...sp=sharing

Edit: videos attachments are disabled in this forum. So I had to upload it to Google drive and share it as a link instead.