Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure lights / le files on DK66

I have made some progress towards learning the Kemove software, but I continue to be stumped.  My current goal is to change default lights on certain keys.  I am in the "LE Files" tab, have created a new LE File, and clicked the pencil to edit.

I have added 5 lines in the lower, middle section (not sure what this area is called).  Line 1 is monochrome and lines 2 through 5 are RGB.  When I click on each individual line, the keys in the keyboard example at the top of the screen light up like I defined them.  After I save the file and click my new file under "LE File Management", none of the keys light up like the others do when I click on them.  What am I doing wrong here?  How do I get my color choices under this LE file to display at once?

I also have the following questions:
  • Under the Effect column, what is the difference in the Monochrome effect and RGB effect.  Why would I choose one over the other?
  • What is the purpose of the Parameter column?  So far I see 1, 30, and 60 as values in this column.  What does 1, 30, and 60 represent?  Are there other valid parameters?
I'm sure this is really powerful software and a really awesome keyboard, but you need someone to write some documentation in English (if mainly English speakers are your target market).

(04-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Adontech Wrote: I have made some progress towards learning the Kemove software, but I continue to be stumped.  My current goal is to change default lights on certain keys.  I am in the "LE Files" tab, have created a new LE File, and clicked the pencil to edit.

I have added 5 lines in the lower, middle section (not sure what this area is called).  Line 1 is monochrome and lines 2 through 5 are RGB.  When I click on each individual line, the keys in the keyboard example at the top of the screen light up like I defined them.  After I save the file and click my new file under "LE File Management", none of the keys light up like the others do when I click on them.  What am I doing wrong here?  How do I get my color choices under this LE file to display at once?

• Under the Effect column, what is the difference in the Monochrome effect and RGB effect.  Why would I choose one over the other?
  • What is the purpose of the Parameter column?  So far I see 1, 30, and 60 as values in this column.  What does 1, 30, and 60 represent?  Are there other valid parameters?
I'm sure this is really powerful software and a really awesome keyboard, but you need someone to write some documentation in English (if mainly English speakers are your target market).
Hello, this is a video I recorded, I hope it can help you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow5M12d6HpE
After editing, you should go to the configuration page and apply it before it takes effect on the keyboard.
Monochrome effect means that the color will not change color.RGB effect means that the place you choose will change color.
Parameter column,10 means that the color will change faster,60 is slower, you can try to change the Parameter column as you like.
And thanks for your suggestion!I will share this good idea with our team.

(04-18-2020, 03:07 AM)wade Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 09:52 PM)Adontech Wrote: I have made some progress towards learning the Kemove software, but I continue to be stumped.  My current goal is to change default lights on certain keys.  I am in the "LE Files" tab, have created a new LE File, and clicked the pencil to edit.

After editing, you should go to the configuration page and apply it before it takes effect on the keyboard.
Monochrome effect means that the color will not change color.RGB effect means that the place you choose will change color.
Parameter column,10 means that the color will change faster,60 is slower, you can try to change the Parameter column as you like.

In your video, after you create your new light effect and click 'save', if you click on a different LE file, then click back to your new LE file, do you see a preview of your new LE settings on the keyboard on the screen? I do not . If I edit the LE file and click on the effects line by line, I do see the individual effects, but I don't see them all together after I save. If I change to configuration, 'Use' my new effect (which is only changing the color of a few keys), and click 'apply' while on Layer 2, I get a black keyboard (no colors).

I do notice one thing that is different between your keyboard and mine. Yours in on firmware 1.17 and mine is on 1.18. We are on the same software version 6.0.0.9. Could the firmware be causing my problem?

I restarted the Kemove software and I was able to get the I, J, K, and L keys to turn blue. I added a second effects line to the Van-Test LE file to turn the U and O keys green. The blue keys show when I click on Van-Test, but not the green keys. Why? What am I doing wrong?

I recorded a video to show you what I am doing: https://youtu.be/KXrBiXgc4Pg

(04-18-2020, 04:58 AM)Adontech Wrote:

In your video, after you create your new light effect and click 'save', if you click on a different LE file, then click back to your new LE file, do you see a preview of your new LE settings on the keyboard on the screen?  I do not .  If I edit the LE file and click on the effects line by line, I do see the individual effects, but I don't see them all together after I save.  If I change to configuration, 'Use' my new effect (which is only  changing the color of a few keys), and click 'apply' while on Layer 2, I get a black keyboard (no colors).

I do notice one thing that is different between your keyboard and mine.  Yours in on firmware 1.17 and mine is on 1.18.  We are on the same software version 6.0.0.9.  Could the firmware be causing my problem?

I restarted the Kemove software and I was able to get the I, J, K, and L keys to turn blue.  I added a second effects line to the Van-Test LE file to turn the U and O keys green.  The blue keys show when I click on Van-Test, but not the green keys.  Why? What am I doing wrong?

I recorded a video to show you what I am doing:  https://youtu.be/KXrBiXgc4Pg
https://www.kemovebbs.com/showthread.php?tid=838   
You can upgrade your keyboard by following the tutorial.
After watching your video, I  think you may not have selected the"U" and "O" key on the frame setting area.
And I recorded a video to show you:https://youtu.be/yXs0Qe5yzmw

(04-18-2020, 06:50 AM)wade Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 04:58 AM)Adontech Wrote:

In your video, after you create your new light effect and click 'save', if you click on a different LE file, then click back to your new LE file, do you see a preview of your new LE settings on the keyboard on the screen?  I do not .  If I edit the LE file and click on the effects line by line, I do see the individual effects, but I don't see them all together after I save.  If I change to configuration, 'Use' my new effect (which is only  changing the color of a few keys), and click 'apply' while on Layer 2, I get a black keyboard (no colors).

I do notice one thing that is different between your keyboard and mine.  Yours in on firmware 1.17 and mine is on 1.18.  We are on the same software version 6.0.0.9.  Could the firmware be causing my problem?

I restarted the Kemove software and I was able to get the I, J, K, and L keys to turn blue.  I added a second effects line to the Van-Test LE file to turn the U and O keys green.  The blue keys show when I click on Van-Test, but not the green keys.  Why? What am I doing wrong?

I recorded a video to show you what I am doing:  https://youtu.be/KXrBiXgc4Pg
https://www.kemovebbs.com/showthread.php?tid=838   
You can upgrade your keyboard by following the tutorial.
After watching your video, I  think you may not have selected the"U" and "O" key on the frame setting area.
And I recorded a video to show you:https://youtu.be/yXs0Qe5yzmw

I created a new video with annotations showing that I selected the frame first, but still no lights.  What could I possibly be doing wrong? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kquXeyLCm8

I know I still have a LOT to learn, but I think I finally understand how to create basic lighting effects in the Kemove software.  Here is my understanding of the process in case anyone else is having trouble with the process:
  • By default, when you first start the Kemove software you are on the configuration screen.  This is not where you configure the lighting effects.  This is where you configure key mappings and assign light effects to different layers.
  • To begin creating your own lighting effect, you need to click the "LE Files" tab at the top of the application screen.
  • You should see a keyboard near the top of the screen and an "LE File Management" column on the right side of the application screen.
  • For example, say that you want to light all of your Fortnite keys in one color and the rest of your keys in another.
  • Click the + sign at the very bottom of the "Le File Management" column.
  • Type in a name for your new LE file in the pop up dialog, then click "Create".  If you leave this field blank and click "Create", the software will choose a new name for you.
  • Click somewhere around the edge of the application to make the pop-up go away if it's still there.
  • Make sure your new LE File name is highlighted in the right column.
  • Click the pencil icon (just to the left of the + sign) to edit your new LE File.
  • Notice when you click the pencil, that the 2 big boxes at the bottom of the screen activate (for lack of a better word).  Let's call the box on the left the Frame box and the box on the right the Effect box.  I have no idea what they are really called.
  • There are 2 VERY important distinctions between the Frame box and the Effects box.
  • We use the Frame box to define which keys have the ability to display colors and we use the Effect box to actually define those colors.  The combination of these 2 boxes are required to make the effect happen.
  • Let's say that we want to make keys W, A, S, and D yellow and all of the other alphabetic keys blue.
  • Click on line 1 in the Frame box.
  • Click on keys W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn white.  That means that these keys can now display the colors that you define for them in the Effect box.
  • Now click on line 1 in the Effect box.
  • Click on keys W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn the color that is defined in the color field on line 1 in the Effect box which for me is red.  We want these keys to be yellow.
  • With Line 1 highlighted, and the WASD keys selected on the virtual keyboard, click the color yellow in the color palette to the right of the Effect box.
  • The WASD keys should now be yellow.
  • Save your work by clicking the check mark at the bottom right of the Effect box.
  • You can click on another LE File in the list, then click on your new LE File and see that you key settings are saved.
  • Let's continue by making all alphabetic keys other than WASD blue.
  • Make sure your new LE File name is highlighted in the right column.
  • Click the pencil icon (just to the left of the + sign) to edit your new LE File again.
  • Click on the remaining alphabetic characters so that Q-P, A-L, and Z-M are all white.  All of these keys now have the ability to display colors that you choose.
  • Click on the + sign at the bottom of the Effect box to define another color.
  • In the pop-up box, choose Monochrome because we want the key color to be static.  We don't want it to change.
  • Now click on Line 2 in the Effect box.
  • Click on all alphabetic keys except for W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn the color that is defined in the color field on line 2 in the Effect box which for me is red.  We want these keys to be blue.
  • With Line 2 highlighted, and all alphabetic characters other than WASD keys selected on the virtual keyboard, click the color blue in the color palette to the right of the Effect box.
  • All alphabetic keys other than the WASD keys should now be blue.
  • Save your work by clicking the check mark at the bottom right of the Effect box.
  • You can click on another LE File in the list, then click on your new LE File and see that you key settings are saved.
  • We have created the color scheme that we want.  Now it's time to apply this color scheme to our keyboard.
  • At the top of the application screen, click the "Configurations" tab.
This is where things currently get fuzzy for me.  I don't know the ins and outs of all of the layers yet: Standard, Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3, and Driver 1.
  • For example, you can click on the "Layer 1" button between the 2 virtual keyboards, then click name of your new LE File under the "Light Effect Settings" on the right side of the screen, click the "Use" button, then click the "Apply" and "Save" button between the 2 virtual keyboards, and your actual keyboard now reflects the colors in that file.
  • I think the Standard is the factory default mode in which no key mappings can be changed.  The confusing part of this to me is that when you click on "Standard" between the 2 virtual keyboards, a "Light effect" pop-up displays with 5 LE Files chosen.  Does that mean I can choose different lighting effects for the Standard layer?  If so, how do I do that?
  • I think Layer 1 is the 'do it yourself' or custom mode for defining key mappings / colors on a pc.
  • I think Layer 2 is the 'do it yourself' or custom mode for defining key mappings / colors for a mac.
  • Layer 3 - not sure yet.
  • Driver 1 - not sure yet.
I would be forever grateful if someone would define the different layers and their purpose.

(04-19-2020, 02:20 AM)Adontech Wrote: I know I still have a LOT to learn, but I think I finally understand how to create basic lighting effects in the Kemove software.  Here is my understanding of the process in case anyone else is having trouble with the process:
  • By default, when you first start the Kemove software you are on the configuration screen.  This is not where you configure the lighting effects.  This is where you configure key mappings and assign light effects to different layers.
  • To begin creating your own lighting effect, you need to click the "LE Files" tab at the top of the application screen.
  • You should see a keyboard near the top of the screen and an "LE File Management" column on the right side of the application screen.
  • For example, say that you want to light all of your Fortnite keys in one color and the rest of your keys in another.
  • Click the + sign at the very bottom of the "Le File Management" column.
  • Type in a name for your new LE file in the pop up dialog, then click "Create".  If you leave this field blank and click "Create", the software will choose a new name for you.
  • Click somewhere around the edge of the application to make the pop-up go away if it's still there.
  • Make sure your new LE File name is highlighted in the right column.
  • Click the pencil icon (just to the left of the + sign) to edit your new LE File.
  • Notice when you click the pencil, that the 2 big boxes at the bottom of the screen activate (for lack of a better word).  Let's call the box on the left the Frame box and the box on the right the Effect box.  I have no idea what they are really called.
  • There are 2 VERY important distinctions between the Frame box and the Effects box.
  • We use the Frame box to define which keys have the ability to display colors and we use the Effect box to actually define those colors.  The combination of these 2 boxes are required to make the effect happen.
  • Let's say that we want to make keys W, A, S, and D yellow and all of the other alphabetic keys blue.
  • Click on keys W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn white.  That means that these keys can now display the colors that you define for them in the Effect box.
  • Click on keys W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn the color that is defined in the color field on line 1 in the Effect box which for me is red.  We want these keys to be yellow.
  • With Line 1 highlighted, and the WASD keys selected on the virtual keyboard, click the color yellow in the color palette to the right of the Effect box.
  • The WASD keys should now be yellow.
  • Let's continue by making all alphabetic keys other than WASD blue.
  • Make sure your new LE File name is highlighted in the right column.
  • Click the pencil icon (just to the left of the + sign) to edit your new LE File again.
  • Click on the remaining alphabetic characters so that Q-P, A-L, and Z-M are all white.  All of these keys now have the ability to display colors that you choose.
  • Click on the + sign at the bottom of the Effect box to define another color.
  • In the pop-up box, choose Monochrome because we want the key color to be static.  We don't want it to change.
  • Now click on Line 2 in the Effect box.
  • Click on all alphabetic keys except for W, A, S, and D on the virtual keyboard at the top of the application screen.  Notice that these keys turn the color that is defined in the color field on line 2 in the Effect box which for me is red.  We want these keys to be blue.
  • With Line 2 highlighted, and all alphabetic characters other than WASD keys selected on the virtual keyboard, click the color blue in the color palette to the right of the Effect box.
  • All alphabetic keys other than the WASD keys should now be blue.
  • We have created the color scheme that we want.  Now it's time to apply this color scheme to our keyboard.
  • At the top of the application screen, click the "Configurations" tab.
This is where things currently get fuzzy for me.  I don't know the ins and outs of all of the layers yet: Standard, Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3, and Driver 1.
  • For example, you can click on the "Layer 1" button between the 2 virtual keyboards, then click name of your new LE File under the "Light Effect Settings" on the right side of the screen, click the "Use" button, then click the "Apply" and "Save" button between the 2 virtual keyboards, and your actual keyboard now reflects the colors in that file.
  • I think the Standard is the factory default mode in which no key mappings can be changed.  The confusing part of this to me is that when you click on "Standard" between the 2 virtual keyboards, a "Light effect" pop-up displays with 5 LE Files chosen.  Does that mean I can choose different lighting effects for the Standard layer?  If so, how do I do that?
  • I think Layer 1 is the 'do it yourself' or custom mode for defining key mappings / colors on a pc.
  • I think Layer 2 is the 'do it yourself' or custom mode for defining key mappings / colors for a mac.
  • Layer 3 - not sure yet.
  • Driver 1 - not sure yet.
I would be forever grateful if someone would define the different layers and their purpose.
Yes, you are right.
The purpose of the different driver layers is to allow you to have more different settings, and there is no difference between them.
For example, you can set the settings buttons or lighting effects commonly used in your work in the first layer.
Set the buttons or lighting effects that are commonly used in your game in the second layer. This is their basic function
Regarding the standard layer, you can set 5 kinds of lighting effects that come with the keyboard,
and then save them in the standard layer, and then use "FN +}]" on the keyboard to switch these 5 kinds of lights.

I feel like there are so many opportunities for the keyboard to have stunning RBG effects but there are lacking currently so bad!

The breathing effect is impossible to figure out like much of the rest is! also, for "breathing" it should go from complete darkness to full brightness and then all the way back down to 0. Instead it starts bright and then fades out and then becomes straight bright again. No smooth transition.

The RBG effect is cool and all, but i want the keys to be a dark blue and then become lighter blue when I press them, or for them to cycle between colors, but NOT the entire rainbow because that does not match my setup or appeal to me. If we could choose the colors within the spectrum that they fade between I can guarantee everyone would use that setting!!

Why can I only have 5 color modes when I am in standard in ONLY one in the other layers. I use the other layers more because of the custom keyboard binds but am annoyed that I can only use the keyboard with the one color setting! I don't use the standard keyboard so I am limited to just one colorway option at a time!

If there was multiple timing for each color that allowed for them to alternate or have one color fade out and another to fade in that would also be very cool.

The parameter boxes make almost no sense other than they last longer the higher the number is.

As this is a much smaller company than other keyboard manufactures I would assume you look to their designs for inspiration but if you were able to make the keyboard fully customization and EASY to use, then everyone would buy one of these.

If you can implement these functions or reach out with a solution that would be appreciated!

(04-26-2020, 01:33 AM)maverick Wrote: I feel like there are so many opportunities for the keyboard to have stunning RBG effects but there are lacking currently so bad!

The breathing effect is impossible to figure out like much of the rest is! also, for "breathing" it should go from complete darkness to full brightness and then all the way back down to 0. Instead it starts  bright and then fades out and then becomes straight bright again. No smooth transition.

The  RBG effect is cool and all, but i want the keys to be a dark blue and then become lighter blue when I press them, or for them to cycle between colors, but NOT the entire rainbow because that does not match my setup or appeal to me. If we could choose the colors within the spectrum that they fade between I can guarantee everyone would use that setting!!

Why can I only have 5 color modes when I am in standard in ONLY one in the other layers. I use the other layers more because of  the custom keyboard  binds but am annoyed that I can only use the keyboard with the one color setting! I don't use the standard keyboard so I am limited to just one colorway option at a time!

If there was multiple timing for each color that allowed for them to alternate or  have one color fade out and another to fade in that would also be very cool.

The parameter boxes make almost no sense other than they last longer the higher the number is.

As this is a much smaller company than other keyboard manufactures I would assume you look to their designs for inspiration but if you were able to make the keyboard fully customization and EASY to use, then everyone would buy one of these.

If you can implement these functions or reach out with a solution that would be appreciated!
Thank you for your suggestions, we will continue to improve our software to give users a better experience.

We recently released a new product KEMOVE 61, you can pay attention. Smile

I agree that the software is confusing, mainly due to lack of documentation. I had the same issue as you and what I found is that in the LE Files tab when editing your new profile you need to select the single row in the lower left section then select all the keys. My guess is that this section determines the 'On/Off' status of each key, then the middle section defines the colours. No idea why it was done this way, seems an unnecessary layer of complexity. Anyway, hope this helps.

Andy