Mechanical Keyboard and E-sports Products BBS Online from KEMOVE
Mac/iPadOS issues - Printable Version

+- Mechanical Keyboard and E-sports Products BBS Online from KEMOVE (https://www.kemovebbs.com)
+-- Forum: Questions & Answers (Not Include Software Questions) (https://www.kemovebbs.com/Forum-Questions-Answers-Not-Include-Software-Questions)
+--- Forum: KEMOVE (https://www.kemovebbs.com/Forum-KEMOVE)
+---- Forum: KEMOVE DK64/66 (https://www.kemovebbs.com/Forum-KEMOVE-DK64-66)
+---- Thread: Mac/iPadOS issues (/Thread-Mac-iPadOS-issues)

Mac/iPadOS issues - joestump - 04-22-2020

I recently received my Keymove DK66 Pro from the Kickstarter campaign and have ran into two big issues with "Mac mode". 

• Using FN+{} and FN+\ doesn't change the LED colors/animations. If I move the switch from Mac to Win, I can choose LED colors/animations, but switching back to Mac reverts the LED colors/animations back to the default.
  • CMD+Tab and CMD+Space don't work on iPadOS. There might be other CMD related issues, but those are the two I've noticed. This makes the keyboard effectively useless on an iPad Pro.
My SN is 66MZ010504X00001.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - joestump - 04-22-2020

So after some more fiddling I was able to change the LED colors/animations using the Windows app HOWEVER if you switch from a MacOS device to an iPadOS device and then back again the CMD keymappings are forgotten and reset. To reproduce you can do the following:

- Set the keyboard into Win using the switch on the back of the keyboard.
- Open up the Windows app and remap LAlt and LWin to Option/Command.
- Alt+Tab works fine.
- Switch to a different device.
- Switch back to the original device.
- Alt+Tab no longer works.

If you switch the back of the keyboard from Win to Mac applying any changes from the app fails entirely with an "Apply failed!" message.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - wade - 04-23-2020

(04-22-2020, 07:02 PM)joestump Wrote: So after some more fiddling I was able to change the LED colors/animations using the Windows app HOWEVER if you switch from a MacOS device to an iPadOS device and then back again the CMD keymappings are forgotten and reset. To reproduce you can do the following:

- Set the keyboard into Win using the switch on the back of the keyboard.
- Open up the Windows app and remap LAlt and LWin to Option/Command.
- Alt+Tab works fine.
- Switch to a different device.
- Switch back to the original device.
- Alt+Tab no longer works.

If you switch the back of the keyboard from Win to Mac applying any changes from the app fails entirely with an "Apply failed!" message.
To use Option / Command on the MAC device, directly switch the switch to the MAC.
When setting the software, the switch must be turned to WIN, otherwise, it will not be applied.
In addition, after setting, use these settings need to switch back to WIN.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - joestump - 04-23-2020

Wade, I take that to mean that Mac mode should basically never be used if you'd like to customize anything? Whenever I set things up in WIN and switch to MAC all of my LED colors and key mappings disappear. In fact, custom settings need to be reset using a Windows computer whenever I switch devices.

This is a really buggy experience for Mac users. Near as I can tell:

- The DK66 doesn't work with iPadOS. (CMD key is basically broken)
- You cannot switch devices using FN+Z/X/C as you will lose all customizations
- Switching to MAC from WIN completely resets the keyboard and does not allow LED customization

My workaround has been:

- Switch keyboard to WIN
- Swap keys using the app on a Windows 10 computer
- Do not, under any circumstances, switch devices (all settings are forgotten)

I was really hoping to use this on both my MacBook and iPad, but that's simply not possible as the CMD key doesn't work on iPadOS and switching devices erases all settings for both devices.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - wade - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:15 PM)joestump Wrote: Wade, I take that to mean that Mac mode should basically never be used if you'd like to customize anything? Whenever I set things up in WIN and switch to MAC all of my LED colors and key mappings disappear. In fact, custom settings need to be reset using a Windows computer whenever I switch devices.

This is a really buggy experience for Mac users. Near as I can tell:

- The DK66 doesn't work with iPadOS. (CMD key is basically broken)
- You cannot switch devices using FN+Z/X/C as you will lose all customizations
- Switching to MAC from WIN completely resets the keyboard and does not allow LED customization

My workaround has been:

- Switch keyboard to WIN
- Swap keys using the app on a Windows 10 computer
- Do not, under any circumstances, switch devices (all settings are forgotten)

I was really hoping to use this on both my MacBook and iPad, but that's simply not possible as the CMD key doesn't work on iPadOS and switching devices erases all settings for both devices.
Hi, joestump,
when using a MAC device, there is no need to turn the switch to MAC.
The purpose of the MAC switch is only to change the position of win and ALT, making it more convenient for users who are used to MAC.
If you want to set custom lights or buttons, the correct steps are:

1. Turn the keyboard switch to WIN
2. Set up custom lights or buttons in the software
3. Save and apply to the keyboard
4. Connect the MAC device and keep the keyboard switch in WIN
If you have any questions, feel free to ask, thank you.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - joestump - 04-28-2020

This keyboard is approaching unusable for me. Here's what I'm experiencing now:
  • Set the keyboard to WIN
  • Plug into a Windows 10 laptop and configure it.
  • Configuration includes: map caps lock to escape, escape to tilde, swap alt/win for cmd/option, and set up my LED color/animation
When I unplug the USB-C cable the keyboard freezes. The LEDs quit animating and the keyboard is COMPLETELY unresponsive. And like other reports, my keyboard loses all settings whenever I turn it off and back on or switch devices. 

Is there a new firmware coming out soon? Is it possible to return this for a new one? I've had to go back to my normal keyboard for the time being because this keyboard is completely unstable.

Keyboard is now freezing and requiring a reset roughly ever 5-10 minutes of usage. Can someone email me on how to return/exchange this? It's totally unusable at this point.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - wade - 04-29-2020

(04-28-2020, 04:20 PM)joestump Wrote: This keyboard is approaching unusable for me. Here's what I'm experiencing now:
  • Set the keyboard to WIN
  • Plug into a Windows 10 laptop and configure it.
  • Configuration includes: map caps lock to escape, escape to tilde, swap alt/win for cmd/option, and set up my LED color/animation
When I unplug the USB-C cable the keyboard freezes. The LEDs quit animating and the keyboard is COMPLETELY unresponsive. And like other reports, my keyboard loses all settings whenever I turn it off and back on or switch devices. 

Is there a new firmware coming out soon? Is it possible to return this for a new one? I've had to go back to my normal keyboard for the time being because this keyboard is completely unstable.

Keyboard is now freezing and requiring a reset roughly ever 5-10 minutes of usage. Can someone email me on how to return/exchange this? It's totally unusable at this point.
Download the latest software, and upgrade the keyboard.

https://www.kemovebbs.com/softdownload/APEX_SETUP_20200424.rar

1038 Firmware F
ixed Bugs:
1. In low battery mode, plug in the USB cable, the low battery mode will be off
2. If Bluetooth automatically disconnected, press any key to connected back to the device
3. Fixed battery power detection problem on the keyboard
4. fixed the Bluetooth connection problem, after turn off the keyboard
5. Fixed The wave light effect speed too fast problem, cased software stop working problem.
6. Fixed in pairing mode, long press FN+ZXC can not enter the Bluetooth connection mode problem.
7. Turn off MCU in the sleep mode, and can wake up by press any keys.
8. Fixed the software battery power indicator problem.
9. Fixed the preset backlight brightness of Bluetooth mode.
10. Fixed the connection of three different Bluetooth devices problems. Switch ON / OFF button will remember the last Bluetooth setting.
11. Fixed the problem of the lighting effect by unplugging usb cable

New features:
1.Added FN + Backspace feature, control the backlight ON / OFF.
2.In Bluetooth sleep mode, press any key to active the Bluetooth paring mode
3.In Bluetooth mode, the preset of sleep mode is for 10 minutes. In wired mode, the keyboard will shut down with the computer together.
4.Added power saving mode, "FN" + Long press "Enter" key for 3 seconds to enter the power saving mode, press "FN" + "enter" to leave the power saving mode.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - joestump - 04-29-2020

The software you linked appears to only work with the DIERYA keyboard layouts and not the KEMOVE DK66 Pro? It also does not appear to have any firmware updating functionality.

My KEMOVE DK66 Pro is currently on firmware 1.12.

RE: Mac/iPadOS issues - wade - 04-30-2020

(04-29-2020, 04:53 PM)joestump Wrote: The software you linked appears to only work with the DIERYA keyboard layouts and not the KEMOVE DK66 Pro? It also does not appear to have any firmware updating functionality.

My KEMOVE DK66 Pro is currently on firmware 1.12.
Sorry, I made a mistake.
This software is for KEMOVE DK61. If there is any update of KEMOVE66PRO, I will immediately tell you. Smile